Updated: September 17, 2021
Proof of vaccination is not required to enter public libraries under the current provincial regulations.
All branches of KFPL are open to the public. Please note that all locations have a maximum capacity, and you may be asked to wait outside until we have space to welcome you safely.
Masks and physical distancing are required indoors and outside while waiting in line.
Use a variety of our online services - from ebooks, eaudiobooks, movies and music, to online programs and learning tools.
If you can't visit our branches to sign up for a library card at this time, Kingston-Frontenac residents who are 16 years or older can sign up online for a library card.
Public computers may be limited to make physical distancing possible. Due to building capacity limits, computer use will be limited to a maximum of one hour per day.
Some fall 2021 programs will be offered in-person in both outdoor and indoor settings. We will also continue to offer a variety of programs in virtual format. Please visit our event calendar for details.
Home Library Service
Home Library Service is available with limited contactless service. Deliveries will be made to existing homebound patrons as usual. More information about our Home Library Service is available here.
We are not taking room rentals at any branches at this time.
What you need to know before visiting
Take the COVID-19 self-assessment test. If you have symptoms, if you may have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results, please stay at home and do not visit the library.
While visiting the Library, you are required to:
- Wear a mask or face covering while waiting in line and while picking up your materials.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet or 2 metres from others.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often, before and after touching materials.
What we're doing to keep you and our staff safe
The health and safety of our staff and our customers continues to be our top priority. Our services follow the COVID-19 response framework provided by the Province of Ontario, and the advice of the KFL&A Public Health and other health experts, and follows best practices within library and retail industries. KFPL’s COVID-19 safety plan is available for review at all branches.
Here are some of the measures we have put in place:
- All staff have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Intensive cleaning of branches has been done in advance, including cleaning of upholstery and special disinfecting of high touch surfaces.
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place.
- Library branches have proper physical distancing protocols in place. Plexi-glass is in place in certain locations where physical distancing protocols cannot be maintained.
- When available, computer workstations are two metres apart to ensure physical distancing measures.
- According to provincial directives and to keep you safe, we are monitoring occupancy capacity at our branches and limiting the number of people inside.