Laptops are available to borrow at the Rideau Heights Branch for in-library use only. Here's how it works:
- Laptops can be borrowed by patrons 16 years of age and older. They must have a valid library card in good-standing in order to borrow a laptop.
- Only one laptop may be borrowed on a card at one time.
- In order to borrower a laptop from the kiosk, the borrower needs to scan their library card and enter their PIN.
- Laptop loan period is 3 hours.
- The borrower is responsible for returning the laptop into the kiosk and must make sure it is locked into the machine. Laptops must not be returned via the interior or exterior drop boxes.
- All devices are wiped of any files and reset as new when returned to the kiosk.
- Laptops not returned at the end of the loan day will be billed as lost on the library account.
- Replacement cost for a damaged, destroyed, or lost laptop is $500.