Hoopla is a collection of digital music, movies, television, audiobooks, graphic novels and ebooks that you can enjoy on your web browser, smartphone or tablet. You can borrow any title from the collection, just like traditional books, DVDs and CDs, with just your library card and an Internet connection.
How it Works
Signing Up for an Account
To start borrowing a title, you will need to sign up for a Hoopla account:
- Go to the Hoopla page and click 'Get Started'.
- Here enter your email and a password.
- Select Kingston Frontenac Public Library if it shows up, or use the 'search for your library' box to find it and click 'Next'.
- Enter your Library Card Number and PIN number.
- Agree to allow Hoopla to “exchange my registration information with my public library”, which gives Hoopla permission to verify the status of your account.
- Choose if you want Hoopla to send you email communications, and click 'Sign Me Up'.
Using Hoopla on a Computer
Hoopla supports the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. They always recommend using the latest version of any browser to ensure you have the best possible user experience.
Using Hoopla on a Mobile Phone or Tablet
With a smartphone or tablet device, you can also download movies and television shows directly to the device, rather than streaming. This can consume a lot of space and bandwidth, so make sure you have plenty of each available.
Monthly Limits and Loan Periods
Each month you are able to borrow 4 titles and, just as with our traditional collection, different digital formats have different loan periods:
|Movies and Television||3 days|
You are able to access your borrowed content, listen to or view the material, as often as you want during the loan period. You can return borrowed titles whenever you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Hoopla FAQ can be found on their website.