Interlibrary Loans Policy
Interlibrary Loan service is available to members of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library who hold a valid library card.
ILLO requests are accepted for items that meet the following criteria:
- are more than 12 months old. If item is new please Suggest a Purchase.
- are not already part of the KFPL collection
- are available from a Canadian library
- are one of the following formats:
- Books (excluding mass market paperbacks, board books, magazines or easy readers/first chapter books)
- Books on CD
- Music CDs
The maximum number of active ILLO requests allowed per patron is as follows:
- Patrons submitting their own interlibrary loan requests with their own self-serve account or receiving assistance from a staff member may have 3 active requests per month.
Loan Periods for ILLO items are set by the lending library. The loan period for most items is 3 weeks. DVDs may have shorter loan periods.
Interlibrary Loan service is free to all patrons. Overdue charges apply at the same rate as other KFPL materials, and lost or damaged materials will be charged to the patron at the rate charged by the lending library.
Learn more about Interlibrary Loans.