The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for self-serve 3D printing services at the Library.
This policy applies to all 3D printing services at the Kingston Frontenac Public Library.
Kingston Frontenac Public Library exists to make a positive difference in the lives of everyone in Kingston Frontenac. We endeavour to be recognized as a problem-solver and a key supporter of learning. In keeping with these vision items, the Library will make 3D printing services available to members of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library under the following conditions:
- 3D printing is available to KFPL members only; to participate, residents may apply for a free library card online and those living out of KFPL’s service area may purchase a subscription membership.
- Use of the 3D printers is limited to patrons 16 years of age and older.
- Participation in a 3D printing orientation session is mandatory before use of the machines.
- Patrons must sign a waiver prior to using any equipment in the Create Space, including the 3D printers.
- Use of the 3D printers is by appointment only, and the availability of the printer will determine the length of time available for printing.
- A sliding payment scale of $0 - $20 will be used, with patrons determining what is a reasonable amount.
- Patrons are expected to monitor the 3D printer throughout the process.
- 3D printers may not be used to print weapons, weapon components, keys or materials that are subject to copyright.
- 3D printers will be housed in a public area, and the user and their print job will be visible to staff and members of the public.
- KFPL reserves the right to decline or discontinue any print job, subject to library policies.
4. Document Control
This policy shall be reviewed on an annual basis.
Last Reviewed: 2021 October
Next Review: 2022 October