KFPL Statement of Policy
3D Printing Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for self-serve 3D printing services at the Library.
This policy applies to all 3D printing services at the Kingston Frontenac Public Library.
Kingston Frontenac Public Library supports innovation, imagination and free access to information. We endeavour to be recognized as a problem-solver and a key supporter of learning. In keeping with these vision items, the Library will make 3D printing services available to members of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library under the following conditions:
- Library membership is required.
- Use of the 3D printers is limited to patrons 16 years of age and older.
- Participation in a 3D printing orientation session is mandatory before use of the machines.
- Patrons must sign a waiver prior to using any equipment in the Create Space, including the 3D printers.
- Use of the 3D printers is by appointment only, and the availability of the printer will determine the length of time available for printing.
- A sliding payment scale of $0 - $20 will be used, with patrons determining what is a reasonable amount.
- Patrons are expected to monitor the 3D printer throughout the process.
- 3D printers may not be used to print weapons, weapon components, keys or materials that are subject to copyright.
- 3D printers will be housed in a public area, and the user and their print job will be visible to staff and members of the public.
- KFPL reserves the right to decline or discontinue any print job, subject to library policies.
This policy shall be reviewed on an annual basis.
Last Reviewed: 2020 December
Next Review: 2021 December