Come try out our Oculus VR headsets! On August 17 we'll be travelling the world as a National Geographic explorer, and on August 24, playing different games. There are two timeslots available for each session and limited spaces available.
Engage with KFPL's Indigenous programming, collections and community partnerships!
Programs, Events, Services and Recommendations
Our puppets will be on the move with a Puppet Show Extravaganza tour in different locations around Kingston Frontenac from August 15 through 18! KFPL's own puppeteers will perform two puppet shows for children of all ages: Pigs' Picnic and Who Goes There? Some locations require free tickets for all attendees including infants and adults. Tickets will be available at the branch half an hour before show time. Limit of six tickets per person.
- Calvin Park Branch - Monday, August 15, 10:30-11:15 a.m. Tickets required.
- Rideau Heights Community Centre (Gym A) - Monday, August 15, 2:30-3:15 p.m. Drop in; first come first served.
- Wolfe Island Community Garden - Tuesday, August 16, 11:30-12:15 p.m. Drop in; first come first served.
- Isabel Turner Branch - Wednesday, August 17, 10:30-11:15 a.m. Tickets required.
- Kingston East Community Centre - Wednesday, August 17, 2:30-3:15 p.m. Drop in; first come first served.
- Sharbot Lake Branch - Thursday, August 18, 11-11:45 a.m. Drop in.
We've partnered with Queen's Connections to bring you the latest in STEM! Kids ages 8-12 are invited to join us in the Friends of the Library Gather and Create Space at the Central Branch to enjoy free, hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities with all materials provided.
Monday, August 22 - Spike Prime
Tuesday, August 23 - 3D Printing/TinkerCAD
Wednesday, August 24 - Makey Makey Challenges
Thursday, August 25 - Engineering Challenges
Each program requires individual registration. Registration now open!
Eighty years after the Dieppe Raid, on August 19, Royal Military College Associate Professor Capt. Arthur Gullachsen will explore the operation, outlining the sequence of events and their significance to Canadian military history. There will be a Q&A session after the presentation.